Welcome to this informative post where we will guide you through the process of linking your Steam and PC Game Pass saves for Deep Rock Galactic. By doing so, you can easily play with your friends on both platforms without having to manually update your saves.
Step One: Locate Save Files For Xbox Saves:
- Open the run menu by pressing Win + r
- Enter %localappdata% and press OK
- Navigate to the folder called Packages
- Enter the folder starting with CoffeeStainStudios.DeepRockGalactic_ followed by a string of characters
- Go to the folder called SystemAppData and then enter wgs
- Enter the folder whose name is a string of characters, and then repeat for the next folder
- Select the file whose name is a string of characters and press ctrl + shift + c to copy the path
- Open Notepad and paste the path, then denote it as the Game Pass save
For Steam Saves:
- Open the Steam library page for Deep Rock Galactic
- Click the gear icon, then select Browse local files under the manage dropdown
- Follow the path FSD\Saved\SaveGames
- Select the file ending in _Player.sav and press ctrl + shift + c to copy the path
- Paste the path into the Notepad file and denote it as the Steam save
Step Two: Remove Steam Save Move the file ending in _Player.sav to a safe directory outside of the Deep Rock game files.
Step Three: Create Link To create a link, follow these steps:
- Open a Command Prompt as an administrator
- Enter mklink <Steam path> <Game Pass path>, replacing both paths with the ones identified earlier
- Include the quotes
- Right-click in the Command Prompt to paste
Step Four: Rock and Stone Congratulations! You have successfully linked your saves between Steam and PC Game Pass. Now, you can play with your friends on both platforms without worrying about manually updating your saves.
Troubleshooting If you encounter any issues during the process, such as “Cannot create a file when that file already exists” or “You do not have sufficient privilege to perform this operation,” follow these steps:
- Ensure the file ending in Player.sav has been removed from the Deep Rock directory
- Ensure that Command Prompt has been run as an administrator
We hope this guide has been helpful in linking your saves between Steam and PC Game Pass for Deep Rock Galactic. If you have any suggestions or notice any mistakes, please let us know in the comments. Thank you for your time and effort, and don’t forget to bookmark this page for regular updates on fresh content. Special thanks to arcaneJesus, the post creator and author, for inspiring this entry.